[Rcpp-devel] installing Rcpp and working a compilation with C++

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Wed Oct 31 14:37:56 CET 2018

OT:

I think this action

>Edited all instances in source.list from ‘bionics’ to ‘trusty’ per
>recommendation from
>https://askubuntu.com/questions/0uris-in-your-sources-list>

was an ill-advised mis-interpretation of the solution you reference. The question was asked at a time when bionic did not exist, and the correct interpretation would be to first look for a solution referencing bionic or failing that to take the clue that the existing lines from yuhhour sources mention might need to mention all the trailing terms they pointed out after the distribution keyword... but they might not as these can change between distributions and over the life of a distro.

This is off-topic here... but you can really screw up your system with this mistake so I wanted to warn you and others reading this at least.