[Rcpp-devel] Fwd: Installing Rcpp and working a compilation with C++

Benjamin S. Levy sporck at windstream.net
Thu Nov 1 12:31:49 CET 2018

In order of the advice from others who replied to my first question:

1.	Inaki Ucar.  Thank you.  Being new to Ubuntu and Linux, I was unaware of the dire implications of changes in the sources.list file.  All instances of ‘trusty’ have been changed back to ‘bionics’.  It was included as a possible reason for my inability to compile and link R and C++; so, from a new-person perspective, it was useful.

2.	Dirk Eddelbuettel.  The ‘litmus’ test that you suggested worked.  Thank you.  Glad to know that it will be supported on Windows10 (and MacOS, too, I assume).  Now, also, I know about the r-sig-debian list, which is where I will now be able to direct relevant questions.

3.	Ralf Stubner.  Your suggestion gets to the reason why I asked.  I will explore the suggestion with care.

Again, with all due respect and thanks.

BSL