[Rcpp-devel] function not getting stored properly..

akshay kulkarni akshay_e4 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 23 12:49:56 CET 2018

dear members,

I have created a function mygrpc using cppFunction using Rcpp. When I call the function after starting the R session, I get the following error:

> mygrpc(xmc1,ygix,ygrpc)
Error in .Call(<pointer: (nil)>, x, ygix, ygrpc) :
  NULL value passed as symbol address

xmc1 is a matrix of OHLC data of a stock, while ygix and ygrpc are functions that act on the daily increment of the stock.

But when I rewrite the function again using cppFunction in Rcpp, and run it, it is getting executed. Even the function is getting displayed in the output of the ls() function.

I think the function is not getting stored properly, after I finish my session in the R console.

Any idea how to store the function properly so that I can use it again in my R functions without rewriting ygrpc again and again? If ygrpc is not stored properly, why is it getting displayed in the output of the ls() function?

Very many thanks for time and effort...

down votefavoritI have created a function mygrpc using cppFunction using Rcpp. When I call the function after starting the R session, I get the following error:<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/49448920/function-not-getting-stored-properly-in-r-console#>