[Rcpp-devel] help needed on RcppEigen

Serguei Sokol serguei.sokol at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 18:42:29 CET 2018

Le 19/03/2018 à 17:21, akshay kulkarni a écrit :
> dear sir,
>
>                 I am using R to model stock prices but a slow "for" loop has stifled my research.
>

> I am using Rcpp to speed up my "for" loop. I am also using RcppEigen to implement block operations on xts objects.....
>

> how do I use RcppEigen? If I just load it by:
>
>  > require(RcppEigen)
>
> it is not recognising the .block method in C++.
>
> If I include it inside the cppFunction:
>
>  > cppFunction(' include  <RcppEigen.h>  .....body')
>
> I get the following error:
>
>  > error: "include doesn't name a type"
>

> My question is : how do I manipulate the installed RcppEigen package for the cppFunction to recognize block operations that are part of the Eigen library in
> C++? If I have to use the "include" key word (something like this: include <RcppEigen.h> ), where exactly should i position it in order to work with cppFunction
> ( I want to use Eigen block operation methods or functions inside the body of the cppFunction)?
It looks like you have missed some starter texts.
Take a look at
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/Rcpp/vignettes/Rcpp-introduction.pdf
and http://gallery.rcpp.org/articles/eigen-eigenvalues/
Note that in all examples there is "#" before "include", it's not optional.
May be some introduction texts to C++ would be useful too.

Best,
Serguei.