[Rcpp-devel] RcppParallel with string or char?

brian knaus briank.lists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 21:43:03 CET 2018

Hello,

I have an Rcpp function that I would like to speed up, so RcppParallel
seemed like a solution. The issue I'm having is that my data is not
numeric. I currently use an Rcpp::StringMatrix as input and
Rcpp::CharacterMatrix as output from the function. The examples at the Rcpp
Gallery all seem to consist of RMatrix<double> or RVector<double>. I was
able to find the below SO post which seems to ask my question but does not
appear to have resolved successfully.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/29105531/rcppparallel-converting-charactermatrix-to-rmatrixt/29115437

Is there a thread safe non-numeric data structure that can be used with
RcppParallel?

Thank you!
Brian Knaus