[Rcpp-devel] Package Submission Barred by Pedantic

Nicholas Rittler rittlern at uchicago.edu
Mon Dec 17 20:30:04 CET 2018

I've had no luck arguing that this warning is a false positive with Uwe
Ligges. How long does this usually take?

What is more, while the issue has been resolved in the Boost code, it seems
to my untrained eye that winbuidler is indeed setting "-pedantic", which
it's not supposed to do. Is that not the implication of the following lines
from my winbuilder logs, along with the fact that I don't set -pedantic in
my Makevars.win or Makeconf file?:

*** arch - x64
d:/Compiler/gcc-4.9.3/mingw_64/bin/g++ -m64
-I"D:/RCompile/recent/R/include" -DNDEBUG -I.
-I"d:/RCompile/CRANpkg/lib/3.6/BH/include"
-I"d:/RCompile/CRANpkg/lib/3.6/bigmemory/include"
-I"d:/RCompile/CRANpkg/lib/3.6/Rcpp/include"
-I"d:/RCompile/CRANpkg/lib/3.6/RcppArmadillo/include"
-I"d:/Compiler/gcc-4.9.3/local330/include"     -pedantic -O2 -Wall
-mtune=core2 -c RcppExports.cpp -o RcppExports.o

Thanks as always,

Nick