[Rcpp-devel] finding plugins

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Dec 1 16:18:40 CET 2018

On 30 November 2018 at 21:49, M A wrote:
| Is there a standard way to list what plugins are available in Rcpp? And,
| given a plugin, how do I find out what exactly is in that plugin? I did
| find in the inline package inline::getPlugin() for the second of these
| questions, but it does not work on Rcpp plugins (e.g. the openmp plugin)
| and I can't find an equivalent in Rcpp. These seem like they should be easy
| questions with obvious solutions, but I can't find anything. Sorry if I did
| miss something obvious.

Have you found this obvious answer yet:

   Rcpp FAQ Question 3.6
   "How do I write a plugin for inline and/or Rcpp Attributes"

My pdf reader shows me 36 hits for 'plugin' in that Rcpp FAQ document.

As for 'what exists': there is no central registry as packages can bring
their own; the mechanism is such that when a package loads it can register
upon load.  You could use the same hooks to a) scan all your installed (but
not yet loaded) packages and b) list currently registered plugins. I don't
think anybody has written such a helper yet.

As for 'what is in it':  "Use the source, Luke."

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org