[Rcpp-devel] [Pre-ANN] RcppArmadillo GitHub release

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Oct 22 17:34:39 CEST 2017

A new interim version 0.8.200.1.0 of RcppArmadillo is available via the
GitHub drat repo for RcppCore. It contains Conrad's Armadillo version 8.200.1
as well as a minor fix on our side suppressing messages about missing
OpenMP. [ In short, when you use C++11 OpenMP is now on by default. But most
src/Makevars do not set -fopenmp so the support incomplete.  The message is
too noisy though, so we now suppress it. ] The skeleton package is also
beefed up a little.

You can install from the drat repo at

      http://rcppcore.github.io/drat/

via a simple

      drat::addRepo("RcppCore")
      install.packages("RcppArmadillo")

It has been tested against all 411 reverse depends on RcppArmadillo; no
errors have been found.  It should be as good as a CRAN release, but we aim
to keep the RcppArmadillo update cadence to about six a year.

Thanks,  Dirk

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org