[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp is the most downloaded package from CRAN

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Oct 11 13:23:09 CEST 2017

On 11 October 2017 at 10:27, Serguei Sokol wrote:
| Just to share this survey that claims something that your always knew
| but probably never had statistics to prove it ;) -- Rcpp is the most downloaded package from CRAN!
| http://redmonk.com/rstephens/2017/10/10/r-package-downloads/

Oh, we do have stats to prove it :)

Thanks to Andrie, I now reference his pagerank calculations in my talks. By
that measure Rcpp is (by some margin) the number one package on CRAN. Hence
more downloads.

And Datacamp show this over in the RDocumentation.org site [1] but you have
to scroll to page 2 to find Rcpp -- as they sort by "direkt" versus
"indirekt" downloads which biases against us. Which is defensible in the
sense that we are often pulled in a dependency.

Dirk

[1] https://www.rdocumentation.org/trends?page1=2&sort1=direct&page2=1&sort2=total&page3=1&page4=1

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org