[Rcpp-devel] RInside and MinGW (Windows)

Jose jc.fernandez.navarro at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 14:28:35 CET 2017

Hello,

I am trying to build an application that uses RInside on Windows
and I get linking problems (undefined references to RInside).
The application builds and links fine on Linux and MAC.

I tried to link against both libRinside.a and libRinside.dll. The linking
paths are correct and I am also linking against R, blas and lapack (DLLs
though).
In my installation of R 3.4 in Windows I only see DLLs for R, blas and
lapack.
Am I supposed to build R myself so to obtain the .lib or .a files?

I use CMake and I used the examples on the RInside repository as a
reference.
I am trying to build it with MinGW32 (Windows 10).

Has anybody used RInside in Windows? Am I missing something? Thanks for the
help.

Best,
Jose