[Rcpp-devel] Is there an easy way to convert Rcpp code to pure cpp code to build a command line tool

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu May 4 16:33:09 CEST 2017

On 4 May 2017 at 10:16, Yue Li wrote:
| Dear List,
|
| This is probably a dumb question:
|
| Is there an easy way to convert Rcpp code to pure cpp code to build a command line tool?
|
| I was thinking about something similar to the 'python setup.py install’ thing. Once the software is built, the binary executable can be added to /usr/bin/ and invoked directly on command line without the R environment.

Not quite. "All you get" is python script with, say '#!/usr/bin/python'

And guess what: all that exists for R too via littler and Rscript.  Maybe
start here

   http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/code/littler.html

and look at all the examples here

   http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/code/littler.examples.html

and in the repo

   https://github.com/eddelbuettel/littler/tree/master/inst/examples

You then deploy packages using Rcpp just any of the other R packages.

| I apologize as the question seems to be spoiled in that i could write everything in cpp in the first place ...

Yes, it was an off-topic question.

Dirk