[Rcpp-devel] R/C++ distributable binaries

Jose jc.fernandez.navarro at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 20:28:54 CEST 2017

Hello,

I'm working on a C++ visualization tool.
I've recently added some functionalities from R packages using RInside and
Rcpp. It went pretty smoothly but I'm now wondering about dynamic/static
linking since I want to distribute self-contained binaries. I'm not even
sure if this is possible with R and C++ since I believe a local R session
is needed with RInside. It's not a big deal to enforce users to have R
installed but I'm concerned about different platforms and versions.

Does anybody have any insight on this? Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Jose