[Rcpp-devel] Starting R Interpreter from C++

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Jun 12 13:11:33 CEST 2017

On 12 June 2017 at 11:22, Romain Francois wrote:
| You might be looking for RInside.

Exactly correct in the narrow sense of 'how to get R going from C++'.

On 12 June 2017 at 01:11, Wolf Vollprecht wrote:
| I am trying to run C++ tests from C++ directly.
| It looks like I need to start the R interpreter for memory management etc.

The wider, normal sense of the question is, I suspect, how to add unit tests
to an R package such as your xtensor-r.  Give me a day or two and I may get a
chance to add this to my variant of your project.

You generally do NOT want force an embedded R interpreter __as any Rcpp
project is already called from R__.  Use CRAN as a repository of (as of
today) 1045 example packages.  I don't think a single one embeds R for
testing.  The RUnit (older, used by Rcpp itself) and testthat frameworks are
popular.

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org