[Rcpp-devel] Code review for xtensor R bindings

Wolf Vollprecht w.vollprecht at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 23:15:46 CEST 2017

Dear RCpp developer community,

I put together a small proof of concept for the xtensor R bindings over the
weekend.
It lives here: https://github.com/QuantStack/xtensor-r

xtensor is an exciting C++ library which provides a unified C++ tensor
interface for Python/NumPy, Julia and soon R.

My biggest question is in the memory management of R. Maybe you could do a
quick code review?
Is it enough to call Rcpp_release_object with the SEXP in the destructor of
the rxarray (which I haven't implemented yet)?
Also for the shape of the rxarray, I allocate another R-vector. Is that
going to get destroyed upon destruction of the R-array?

Best,

Wolf