[Rcpp-devel] Check error: undefined symbol

Johannes Signer jsigner at gwdg.de
Fri Jul 14 09:31:13 CEST 2017

Dear Rcpp-Developers,

I have an R-package with some Rcpp code. If I build and install the
package (`devtools::build()` and `devtools::install()`) everything works
fine.

But, when I check the package for CRAN submission (`devtools::check()`),
I keep getting the following error:

** testing if installed package can be loaded
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘amt’ in dyn.load(file,
DLLpath = DLLpath, ...):
  unable to load shared object '/tmp/RtmpLvrxAO/amt.Rcheck/amt/libs/amt.so':
   /tmp/RtmpLvrxAO/amt.Rcheck/amt/libs/amt.so: undefined symbol:
_Z11within_rcppN4Rcpp6VectorILi14ENS_15PreserveStorageEEEii
Error: loading failed
Execution halted
ERROR: loading failed

I thought it maybe has something to do with the function `within_rcpp`,
but when I remove this function from the source, the next function
occurs with the same error (only a different function name).

I would appreciate any hints about how to resolve this error, or where
it comes from.

Many thanks,
Johannes