[Rcpp-devel] Timings for a program

Shaami nzshaam at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 04:53:22 CET 2017

Hello Dear

Your suggestions are quite useful. I have deleted two for loops from my
code and trying to use vectors in place of them. It is hard for me to
produce a minimal example. However, now I am trying to use vectorization. I
am having some error. Following is an example code. My basic purpose is
subcube element wise multiplication with matrix's row. The operand % is not
working in this case. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Here a is a cube of dimension (3, 3, 1) and b is a matrix of dimension (3,
3).

#include <RcppArmadillo.h>
using namespace Rcpp;
using namespace RcppArmadillo;
using namespace arma;
//[[Rcpp::depends(RcppArmadillo)]]
//[[Rcpp::export]]

arma::cube sub(arma::cube a, arma::mat b)
{
        a.subcube(2,0,0,2,2,0) = a.subcube(1, 0, 0, 1, 2, 0) .* b.row(0);
        return a;
}

The error is

subcube.cpp: In function ‘arma::cube sub(arma::cube, arma::mat)’:
subcube.cpp:11:65: error: ‘arma::Mat<eT>::row(arma::uword) [with eT =
double; arma::uword = unsigned int](0u)’ cannot be used as a member
pointer, since it is of type  arma::subview_row<double>’
  a.subcube(2,0,0,2,2,0) = a.subcube(1, 0, 0, 1, 2, 0) .* b.row(0);

Thank You so much again for suggesting how to think about to produce a
speedy code.

Shaami