[Rcpp-devel] Timings for a program

Christian Gunning xian at unm.edu
Thu Jan 5 13:39:57 CET 2017

> I am new to Rcpp. I have converted my R program into an Rcpp program.
> I want to ask a general question. Using Rcpp, my code is taking about 3
> minutes to produce output for 100 observations. But it is taking about 2.45
> hours to produce output for 1000 observations. Any suggestions or technical
> hint for this type of problem.

First off, please include a minimal working example with your
question. Without more information, there's not much we can do to
help.

In the meantime, you might find this to be an interesting and helpful read:
http://www.burns-stat.com/documents/books/the-r-inferno/

Best,
Christian
--
A man, a plan, a cat, a ham, a yak, a yam, a hat, a canal – Panama!
http://www.x14n.org