[Rcpp-devel] Add include path to sourceCpp

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Feb 4 19:17:53 CET 2017

On 4 February 2017 at 11:58, Tim Keitt wrote:
| Thanks.
|
| Here's what I came up with:
|
| Sys.setenv(R_TESTS = "")
|
| wd = getwd()
| wd = sub(".tests.testthat$", "", wd)
| ipath1 = file.path(wd, "inst", "include")
| ipath2 = file.path(wd, "include")
| Sys.setenv(PKG_CXXFLAGS = paste(paste0("-I", ipath1), paste0("-I", ipath2)))
|
| That works sometimes, but not always. It seems to pass R CMD check --as-cran
| (still need to run on devel release), so that's what I needed. But oddly it
| fails on apveyor and travis.ci. As far as I can tell, you cannot have any
| confidence in the current working directory using testthat in different
| environments.

The "if you break it, you get to keep the pieces" saying comes to mind
as we do not promise anywhere that testthat is in fact supported ...

Stricly personally speaking, I have always found devtools and testthat
too obfuscating for my liking.  I build much smaller, simpler tools
around littler. That works for me. And for unit tests, I still rely on
RUnit.  But that is just my view.

If someone wants to work on (additonal, optional) support for
testthat etc, the doors are always open for good pull requests.

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org