[Rcpp-devel] best way of documenting Rcpp Modules

Luis Avila lmavila at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 01:12:07 CEST 2017

I've used Roxygen to document my R classes
but having problems now documenting Rcpp exposed classes from my C++ code.

I am creating .Rd files manually and that partially solves the problem but
looking for a better way.

I have a module expossing c++ classes Model and NormalModel.
Running R CMD check --as-cran I get:

Undocumented code objects:
'Model'

Undocumented S4 classes
'Rcpp_Model' 'Rcpp_NormalModel'

I managed to get the "undocumented code object" message to stop reporting
"NormalModel" as undocumented by manually setting up a NormalModel-class.Rd
file in man but can't get rid of Rcpp_NormalModel.

Is there a way to hide the classes with the Rcpp suffix, or what is the
recommended way to fix this problem?

Thank you.

Luis