[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp + Package -> undefined symbol

Sokol Serguei serguei.sokol at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 23:44:19 CEST 2017

Michaël Benesty has written at  Wed, 2 Aug 2017 23:26:26 +0200
> Thank you a lot Mr. Kou.
> The package is now compiling and I have updated it to load modules at
> Just to understand, the .cc has compiled just because you moved them
> in src/ folder, am I right?

Besides compilation issue, it is generally a bad idea to put sources in
inst/ tree.
Because everything in inst/ is installed when binary installation is
requested.
So someone wishing only binaries (let say for the sake of disk space)
will drag
also the sources. A notorious exception to this rule are header only
packages,
like BH. But as far as I understand it is not your case, right?

Serguei.