[Rcpp-devel] CMakeList.txt for c++ and Rcpp

JJ Allaire jj.allaire at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 17:52:45 CEST 2016

I would just have CMake call R CMD [SHLIB/build/INSTALL/etc.) as an
external tool. R does a tremendous amount behind the scenes to configure
the build environment and you don't really want to try to replicate that. A
basic package need only place the cpp files within the "src/" directory and
they will be built automatically. More advanced scenarios can be covered
with a custom Makevars[.win] in the "src/" directory.