[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp - External Libraries

Drew Boyette drewboyette at gmail.com
Fri May 27 20:11:20 CEST 2016

I'm currently collaborating with several other professors on a C++
evolutionary-based model, and my task is to find a way to run the program
in R. In our model, we utilized the SNAP library (
https://snap.stanford.edu/snap/) to simulate social network dynamics and
generate graphs. My question is, will this require us to build a separate R
package to implement the necessary functions from SNAP, or is there simpler
way of accomplishing this? I know there are examples of building R packages
using external libraries with Rcpp, but I'm fairly new to Rcpp and I was
hoping for a clear explanation of how this works, and I wanted to make sure
whether it's necessary to build a package in R.

Thanks,
Drew B