[Rcpp-devel] Integrating C-library libmseed to R

Leo Leo behelfsadresse at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 12 19:33:58 CEST 2016

Dear Rcpp_devel enthusiats,

May I ask you for exploiting your potential? I am working on a package to
handle seismic data (https://github.com/coffeemuggler/eseis).

A key task is to be able to read and write the so called miniseed format.
There is a C-library for this job (
https://seiscode.iris.washington.edu/projects/libmseed/files).

What would be needed to implement this library to my package? The goal
would be to have functions like read_mseed(file, ...) and write_mseed(data,
file, ...). According to the library documentation the functions that do
this are ms_readmsr(3) and ms_readtraces(3) as well as mst_pack(3) and
mst_writemseed(3).

As usual, the question is rather simple but I have no idea if the answer
can also be that simple. I would greatly appreciate your help and be
delighted if you could help me with this major step.

Kind regards,

Micha