[Rcpp-devel] Rtools not finding *.o files during compilation

Charles Determan cdetermanjr at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 14:30:55 CEST 2016

I am trying to help a user debug the installation of one of my packages and
have come across an error I don't understand.

The current process has been as follows:

1. User using Windows OS
2. User trying to install development version from my github
3. User has current Rtools installed
4. User behind firewall so downloaded local copy
5. User extracted tar version and re-archived as zip file.
6. User runs install.packages('package.zip", repos=NULL, type="source")

Compilation appears to run normally and all environmental variables are
recognized but when reaching the linking stage it returns multiple
statements such as:

C:\Rtools\mingw_64\bin\nm.exe: 'RcppExports.o': No such file

For every *.o file.  You could see the full user output here (
http://pastebin.com/itNbaMJg).  What could have resulted in this problem?

Regards,
Charles