[Rcpp-devel] (no subject)

terrance savitsky tds151 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 22:40:01 CET 2016

Hi Rcpp experts, The CRAN maintainers inform me that when testing one of my
packages under

g++ -std=gnu++14 (logs with gcc 5.3)

that the following code snippet,

IntegerVector dpr = diff(pr); /* pr is an Rcpp::IntegerVector */
icolvec diffpersons(dpr.begin(), nc - 1, false);

generates the following error:

error: no matching function for call to ‘arma::Col<long long
int>::Col(Rcpp::Vector<13>::iterator, int, bool)’
     icolvec diffpersons(dpr.begin(), nc - 1, false);

where I'm writing (the memory for) an Rcpp:: IntegerVector to an
arma::icolvec. The default width for an Armadillo signed integer under
C++11 and C++14 is 64-bit (long long).  I'd appreciate your insight on
whether there is an alternate approach to casting an arma::icolvec
from an Rcpp::IntegerVector that can deal with a 64-bit integer; for
example, will as<icolvec>() work?

Thank you for your help,

Terrance

--