[Rcpp-devel] Debugging an C++ code in package using Rcpp package ?

Rainer M Krug Rainer at krugs.de
Thu Jan 14 11:10:38 CET 2016

Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> writes:

> Rainer,
>
> The old BioC video is very good, albeit somewhat low-level (which you cannot
> avoid with compiled code).
>
> Kevin's write-up is also very nice.
>
> There is also this older post by Doug Bates somewhere but all I find right
> now is this:
>   http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.ess.general/4188
> which is not what I recall.
>
> These days 'just' using valgrind and the ASAN/UBSAN instrumented R Versions
> can help too.  I have two blog posts on that as well as some Docker
> containers. It probably requires a little bit of familiarity with Docker.
>
> Dirk

Thanks everybody for your input - I will look at it later today after I
did some clearing up of the code in the hope that I see what is wrong.

The links and videos look very interesting.

@Dirk: I wanted to look at Docker anyway for reproducible research (and
the ease of installing some programs under Linux instead of OS X), so I
will look at this as well.

Do you know of a nice intro to docker and how to use R under docker
(including installation of additional software and packages)? I have the
Docker book and read your Rocker intro - so please feel free to pint me there.

Thanks,

Rainer

--
Rainer M. Krug