[Rcpp-devel] Problem installing Rcpp version 0.12.2 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Jan 9 19:51:48 CET 2016

On 9 January 2016 at 19:41, Pierre Lafaye de Micheaux wrote:
| Thank you again. Indeed I failed to compile Rccp from source (even with
| R version 3.2.3).
| But I will definitely look at what you propose. I was happy with my DELL
| XPS13 Developer Edition Ubuntu laptop but I will really need to upgrade
| at least to 14.04 ...

i)  Yes. Absolutely. And don;t stop there.

    I just update a bunch of machines at work to 15.10.

ii) Your compilation error __makes no sense whatsoever__ as Rcpp gets rebuilt
    on many different Debian, Ubuntu and whatnot flavours. I could now load a
    plain Docker 12.04 container and built it.

So I suspect we need to consider that you may have done something else to
your local setup as the _really_ does work for thousands of other users. On
various system combinations.  But until you come up with something
reproducible I cannot help you.

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org