[Rcpp-devel] Using complex numbers in a C program called by R

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Jan 4 14:36:30 CET 2016

On 4 January 2016 at 14:21, Pierre Lafaye de Micheaux wrote:
| R, or with what I know about .Call()) that this is possible in a simple
| way with .C().

Please stop abusing this Rcpp mailing list a platform for youe .C() gospel.

Every single developer whose opinion I value has come out swinging on this:

      DO NOT USE .C() IN NEW CODE.

So that is the ground rule here.

If you have Rcpp questions, or even something reproducible, we'd be all ears.
For what it is worth there are other packages uses complex data types on all
platforms (yes, including Windows) so I still think your wounds are
self-inflecting by your own choosing.  But we have a big tent approach:
please do feel free to use whatever tools you like.  But please do no waste
our time her with whatever you think you have to say about .C() or other
non-Rcpp topics.  Maybe r-devel, maybe r-package-devel though both will
probably tell you to smarten up.  Maybe time to create your own list.

Sorry to sound harsh but there is only so much time in each day. And a
minuute spent on .C() is a minute wasted.

Cheers, and good luck.

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org