[Rcpp-devel] Using complex numbers in a C program called by R

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Jan 4 13:25:24 CET 2016

Baptiste,

You and I started RcppFaddeeva following this thread of yours on SO
   http://stackoverflow.com/a/30677939/143305
where you had basic troubles creating an R package.  So that got solved, and
RcppFaddeeva is on CRAN etc.

We never set it up to export headers. Doing so is trivial, but that is work
at your end. I can't commit to this now due to other obligations. Minimally
this involves simply creating inst/include/ to contain the headers, and
telling your src/Makevars{,.win} about it via PKG_CXXFLAGS=-I../inst/include

Then other packages can use LnkingTo: to get the headers.  Now, getting C(++)
code that needs linking is another ball game but I also cover that in a few
pairs of packages.  RApiSerialize and RcppRedis is one.

If and when you (or Pierre) identify an actual reproducible bug in Rcpp.h let
me know, and I'll take it on.  Otherwise I stay out of this. From what I can
tell Pierre is simply stuck in ways that are discouraged but insists on them
anyway.  Which is his choice, but it also not something I need to spend my
time helping him on.

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org