[Rcpp-devel] [small ann] Sparse++

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Dec 31 17:08:49 CET 2016

On 31 December 2016 at 19:41, Dmitriy Selivanov wrote:
| Thanks for feedback, Dirk. This make sense - unlikely sparsepp will be used
| without Rcpp (my idea was to have as small dependencies as possible). I will
| add Rcpp to suggests.

Minimal dependencies is a laudable goal. It bites me every now and then too,
ie you usually need Suggests at Travis etc pp.

But then here it really seems they belong together.  You could even try to
add a working example or two -- maybe even in inst/examples/ or something if
you don't want R CMD ... to force your hand.  Or use a non-code vignette.
Or, if you can bear it ;-), make it a full example.

Just some ideas.  It is nice that you wrapped this up.  Header-only packages
are quite useful.

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org