[Rcpp-devel] [ANN] Test releases of RcppArmadillo (and Rcpp)

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Sep 27 17:55:09 CEST 2015

Conrad has a test release 6.000.1 for Armadillo out, which I wrapped up --
and made available via the Rcpp 'drat' repo (see below).

You will note the new major number; there are some API changes. In essence,
and from Conrad's page:

   faster norm() and normalise() when using ATLAS or OpenBLAS
   added Schur decomposition: schur()
   stricter handling of matrix objects by hist() and histc()
   advanced constructors for using auxiliary memory by Mat, Col, Row and Cube now have the default of strict = false
   Cube class now delays allocation of .slice() related structures until needed
   expanded join_slices() to handle joining cubes with matrices

I ran a full reverse depends check, and only one new issue came up across
150+ tested packages. But Conrad and I looked into this and concluded that is
more likely due to change to another dependency of that package. As always see
   http://arma.sourceforge.net/
   https://github.com/RcppCore/RcppArmadillo/
for full details.

I also added Rcpp 0.12.1.1 to the drat repo which has some fixes over the
most-recent CRAN release 0.12.1.

You can install these by using the drat package:

   drat::addRepo("RcppCore")
   update.packages()

or individually using

   install.packages("Rcpp", repos="http://RcppCore.github.io/drat/")

Comments (here, or via GitHub issue tickets) welcome!

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org