[Rcpp-devel] Getting Rcpp to install on Windows 10

David Gerbing gerbing at pdx.edu
Wed Oct 14 18:41:59 CEST 2015

Hi All

Have a Mac and Windows 7 and all has been fine. I have learned, however, that on Windows 10 there has been a difficulty installing my package (lessR), which depends on Hadley Wickham's readxl, which depends on Rccp. When installing my package, after downloading the dependent packages and then unpacking the dependent packages, the following error is produced.

package ?Rcpp? successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
Warning: unable to move temporary installation
  ?C:\Users\Robert\Documents\R\win-library\3.2\file228496f6c94\Rcpp?
  ?C:\Users\Robert\Documents\R\win-library\3.2\Rcpp?

All the other needed packages do not generate this error. The lessR package then does not load.

The downloaded binary packages are in
        C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Local\Temp\Rtmpsvd8hG\downloaded_packages

> library(lessR)
Error in loadNamespace(i, c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[i]]) :
  there is no package called ?Rcpp?
Error: package or namespace load failed for ?lessR?

A long list of other packages process just fine, including RcppEigen, lme4, etc. Only Rcpp generates this issue, and then I have only verified for Windows 10, but I do not have much Windows experience or see many Windows machines, so have not thoroughly vetted the limitation to only Windows 10.

Appreciate much any help. Thank you.

David Gerbing

------