[Rcpp-devel] package using Rcpp aborting with: terminate called after throwing an instance of 'Rcpp::not_compatible' inside class__newInstance()

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Nov 19 21:41:26 CET 2015

Simon,

That may be a little tricky for a few reasons:

 i)   We just released Rcpp 0.12.2. I spend a considerable amount of time
      testing prior to a release. This time we had three full reverse
      dependency checks totalling over 1500 builds given the 500+ revdeps.
      Any such issue would have stopped us.

 ii)  AFAIK Carlos wrote guitar years ago yet he never pushed it to CRAN. We
      made changes to Rcpp Modules during this time, we also made changes to
      how exception escalate (different OS drive this...).  Because this
      package only ever stayed on GitHub this did not get tested.  Else we
      would have known sooner.

 iii) Rcpp Modules is a clever trick that is rather useful. Sadly, it is not
      that well documented and its principal creator has moved on too so the
      code is not exactly actively maintained.

So here we need a volunteers to dive it this and debug, maybe bisect with
older Rcpp releases, ...

It looks like this won't be Carlos, and it probably won't be me either.

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org