[Rcpp-devel] large number of warnings for simple use of Rcpp

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Nov 3 22:01:38 CET 2015

On 3 November 2015 at 15:31, Guillaume Blanchet wrote:
| Hi !
|
| Great thanks !
|
| In the mean time, what do you suggest I can do if I want to work with Rcpp ? Or can something be done to the Makevars or is this problem running deeper ?

Sure -- just remove the offense warning from ~/.R/Makevars.

Here is what I use:

CFLAGS +=              -O3 -Wall -pipe -pedantic -std=gnu99
CXXFLAGS +=           -O3 -Wall -pipe -Wno-unused -pedantic
FFLAGS += -O3 -g0 -Wall -pipe
FCFLAGS += -O3 -g0 -Wall -pipe
VER=
CCACHE=ccache
CC=$(CCACHE) gcc$(VER)
CXX=$(CCACHE) g++$(VER)
SHLIB_CXXLD=g++$(VER)
FC=ccache gfortran$(VER)
F77=$(CCACHE) gfortran$(VER)
#CXX1X=ccache g++$(VER)
#CXX1XFLAGS=-O3 -Wall -pipe -Wno-unused -pedantic
#CXX1XFLAGS=-O3 -Wall -pipe -Wno-unused
#CXX1XSTD = -std=c++0x

(The real file is a little longer, I sometimes comment things in and out.)

(My $RHOME/etc/Makeconf also has more settings based on the Debian/Ubuntu config.)

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org