[Rcpp-devel] Bizarre Rcpp::XPtr problem on GCC

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu May 21 02:20:30 CEST 2015

On 20 May 2015 at 15:22, Kevin Thornton wrote:
| Hi,
|
| I’m currently working on a header-only library that it intended to act as a
| “glue" layer between an existing C++11 library (also header only) and R, by
| means of Rcpp.
|
| Basically, I am trying to provide some generic templates that perform
| operations using the existing C++11 library and return appropriate data objects
| to the R environment.
|
| My current plan for this library is that:
|
| 1. It is also c++11
| 2. It exists in its own namespace
|
| Rcpp seems to have problems with the latter, but only on GCC.

I think I we do have a few counterexamples to that claim.

That said, it of course entirely possible that have found a bug, but I don;t
currently have time to follow links to random gists with random snippets of
code.

If there is a genuine bug we may get to a proper bug report in due course.
Or so one hopes.

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org