[Rcpp-devel] How to use Rcpp with Qt Creator (Mac)?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat May 16 18:55:47 CEST 2015

On 16 May 2015 at 18:45, Klemens Weigl wrote:
| An easy tutorial to learn and test it step-by-step would be nice! Otherwise, no

I think you may still misunderstand how Qt and R works, or maybe I have
trouble understanding your emails.

Start by becoming familiar with Qt itself. It is 20+ years old, *very* mature
and polished and *extremely* well documented.  There are (truly) thousands of
tutorials.  Pick any one, and learn how Qt goes from a file *.pro to a
Makefile via 'qmake'.  Modify those files, learn how to add a library (say
libgsl and its headers, or if you want the Rmath library).  Do not yet touch
Rcpp or RInside.

Once you understand all that, brew a fresh cup of coffee or tea and look
again at the RInside example for Qt. It. Just. Works.

And by combining what you learned about Qt with what you know about R -- and
a working, tested and documented example such as the one we provide for
RInside -- you should be able to program with Qt and R.

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org