[Rcpp-devel] Can not install Rcpp on Mac OS X 10.9.5

Steve Lianoglou lianoglou.steve at gene.com
Wed May 6 05:51:58 CEST 2015

Hi,

On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 8:41 PM, Peng Yu <pengyu.ut at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 3:12 PM, Steve Lianoglou
> <lianoglou.steve at gene.com> wrote:
>> Following the instructions here worked for me:
>>
>> http://www.thecoatlessprofessor.com/programming/rcpp-rcpparmadillo-and-os-x-mavericks-lgfortran-and-lquadmath-error
>>
>> Although the instructions have a slight typo in them, and probably should read:
>>
>>   curl -O http://r.research.att.com/libs/gfortran-4.8.2-darwin13.tar.bz2
>>   sudo tar fvxz gfortran-4.8.2-darwin13.tar.bz2 -C /
>>
>> I should note that I was having different problems than what you
>> report, though, but try that.
>
> Nothing has been fixed.

On second thought, I'm not sure why I thought to suggest that other
than you'll probably need it later (ie. if you want to compile
RcppArmadillo, which is what tripped me up) -- Rcpp doesn't require a
"working" fortran compiler, I'd imagine ;-)

> I have macports installed.Could it be the problem?

Maybe?

You didn't happen to install an updated gcc from macports, did you?
What's the output of:

  $ which g++

and

  $ g++ --version