[Rcpp-devel] Windows gcc toolchain for R 3.2.0

Martyn Plummer plummerm at iarc.fr
Wed Mar 18 16:33:30 CET 2015

On Wed, 2015-03-18 at 07:55 -0700, Dan Tenenbaum wrote:
> Is it not considered a "known problem" that C++ libraries linked
> against by R packages need to be rebuilt with g++ 4.9.2 in order for
> the R packages to install/load?

This could well be due to incompatible thread models (win32 vs posix).
See the thread "V8 crashes..." on the Rcpp-devel mailing list. We have
not yet had a chance to test the gcc 4.9.2 toolchain built with win32
threads.

Martyn

> Thanks again,
> Dan

This message and its attachments are strictly confidential. If you are
not the intended recipient of this message, please immediately notify
the sender and delete it. Since its integrity cannot be guaranteed,
its content cannot involve the sender's responsibility. Any misuse,
any disclosure or publication of its content, either whole or partial,
is prohibited, exception made of formally approved use