[Rcpp-devel] Using "Rcpp Modules" under Solaris fails to load.

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Wed Mar 18 12:19:59 CET 2015

On 18 March 2015 at 09:45, Martyn Plummer wrote:
| Well that is one interpretation. Another one is that as a testing
| platform Solaris exposes weaknesses in C++ code that are not found by
| other platforms due to its fastidious interpretation of the C++98
| standard.

Indeed.  Which makes it even more sad that CRAN only has a budget of about
one minute for tests. So effectively a large number of tests are ... simply
turned off at CRAN.  We do not get the feedback from another compiler you
(correctly, at least "in theory") highlight here as we are being told to
suppress the tests.  Not ideal.

| Marius, if you mail me your test package I will see what it gives me.

Appreciate that.

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org