[Rcpp-devel] Using "Rcpp Modules" under Solaris fails to load.

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Mar 17 23:18:08 CET 2015

On 17 March 2015 at 09:42, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
| I just glanced at two of mine.  Both are fine on r-patched-solaris-x86 but
| fail on r-patched-solaris-sparc due to a compiler issue when dealing with
| Boost headers via the BH package. I have more package with Modules on CRAN
| but don't have time now to check all of them.

A counter-example is RcppCNPy. It uses Rcpp Modules, yet tests clean on
Solaris and everywhere apart from snowleopard:

   http://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_RcppCNPy.html

Now, Rcpp Modules are quite expressive and powerful, but also a little
finicky at times. It may well be that you use a feature I do not use in
RcppCNPy.   But you could try this and see how it fares in your VM.

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org