[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp bug (was: [Rd] Notes on building a gcc toolchain for Rtools (but not multilib))

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Mar 12 21:16:16 CET 2015

Duncan,

The preferred and widely-documented address for Rcpp issues is rcpp-devel
where I am forwarding this, I would appreciate keeping follow-up there.

On 12 March 2015 at 15:11, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
| Jack (and Dirk):
|
| I see this as well when I recompile Rcpp.
|
| Dirk:  We're seeing the Rgui console on Windows lock up in 64 bit
| Windows with a program calling Rf_error from Rcpp, but not from a simple
| C program (attached) that looks equivalent.   This is using the new
| toolchain, both to compile Rcpp and Jack's cppFunction() call below.
|
| I'd be happy to help with debugging this, but not for a few days: I'll
| be out of the office until Wednesday next week, and I don't have 64 bit
| Windows when I'm on the road.

Sure.  We can pick this up when you are back.  The change vector appears to
be on your side of the fence so we need access from your end. Few of us (on
the Rcpp core group) use Windows all that much.

I think I saw a blog post mentioned where someone said that with g++ 4.9.2
(though possibly a different build/configuration/...) some exception-related
behaviour was improved.  I am sure that something is different now, and we
will try to accomodate it.

Safe travels.

Dirk