[Rcpp-devel] rsession memory consumption blows up

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Jun 23 18:57:03 CEST 2015

On 23 June 2015 at 18:45, Fabio Tordini wrote:
| it seems like the C++ function, once it terminates its execution, does
| not free the memory used. instead, rsession keeps holding these objects
| even though C++ has terminated. is it possible?

Of course.  We all have bad days every now and then.  :)

>From your description you seem to be holding on to data for too long, and
maybe even transfering back to R, when it crashes.  "So don't do that." You
identified a run-time constraint.  Now you either need a bigger machine
(100gb of ram in not unheard of these days) or rewrite your program to work
work more incrementally and releasing memory as needed.

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org