[Rcpp-devel] dyn.load error building package with Rcpp

Arjun Sharma arjun.sharma at bfef.biz
Thu Jun 11 22:01:56 CEST 2015

I'm trying to build a package using Rcpp that interfaces with an external C
library. I was able to build and start writing a tests.R file, when I found
a bug in my .cpp file. I made the fix, and when I tried to clean and
rebuild I am getting the following error:

 Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) :
  unable to load shared object
'/home/arjun/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.2/NewRcppSSC/libs/NewRcppSSC.so':

/home/arjun/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.2/NewRcppSSC/libs/NewRcppSSC.so:
undefined symbol: _Z7set_strSsSs

I tried rebuilding from scratch and I am still getting the above error. The
only possible solution I have found online is to call library.dynam from
.First.lib hook according to
http://dept.stat.lsa.umich.edu/~yizwang/software/maxLinear/noteonR.html.

I am still working on it, but I have not gotten it to work yet. Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

-- Arjun