[Rcpp-devel] Plugin example

Wagner Bonat wbonat at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 19:06:59 CEST 2015

Dear all,

I am starting to study the Rcpp package. I am reading the Rcpp book, butI
have a problem on Listing 2.8 from Rcpp book. This listing is about
Creating Plugins.

## The C++ code
gslrng <-'
int seed = Rcpp::as<int>(par) ;
gsl_rng_env_setup();
gsl_rng *r = gsl_rng_alloc (gsl_rng_default);
gsl_rng_set (r, (unsigned long) seed);
double v = gsl_rng_get (r);
gsl_rng_free(r);
return Rcpp::wrap(v);
'

## Creating the plugin
plug <- Rcpp:::Rcpp.plugin.maker(
    include.before = "#include <gsl/gsl_rng.h>",
     libs = paste("-L/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/Rcpp/lib -lRcpp",
                  "-Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/Rcpp/lib",
                  "-L/usr/lib -lgsl -lgslcblas -lm"))

## Run
registerPlugin("gslDemo", plug)
fun <- cxxfunction(signature(par="numeric"), gslrng, plugin ="gslDemo",
verbose=TRUE)

When I try compile I received this error message

Error in compileCode(f, code, language = language, verbose = verbose) :
  Compilation ERROR, function(s)/method(s) not created! /usr/bin/ld: cannot
find -lRcpp
make: *** [file1a3c6aca3e2e.so] Error 1

Any help is welcome.

Thank you!

--
Wagner Hugo Bonat
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science (IMADA)