[Rcpp-devel] Compile RcppEigen with low memory

Felix Schönbrodt felix at nicebread.de
Tue Jul 28 09:29:24 CEST 2015

Wow - that is of course the best solution!
Thanks for the detailed instructions - worked like a charm.

I was not aware of these PPAs, but they are really helpful for my small,
outdated, and virtual server ;-)

Cheers,
Felix

On 27 Jul 2015, at 19:37, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> On 27 July 2015 at 18:39, Matt D. wrote:
> | On 7/27/2015 14:57, Felix Schönbrodt wrote:
> | Here's an idea (disclaimer: this may be crazy... but it might just
>
> It's not. Use a binary r-cran-rcppeigen package.
>
> Just yesterday I blogged about the same context -- how to use an PPA
> at
> launchpad.net in order to get binaries for Travis.  This obviously
> carries
> over to other non-Travis installations.  See
>
> http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/blog/2015/07/26#evading_the_hadley_tax_faster_travis_tests
>
> for that post. And for me as maintainer of the r-cran-rcppeigen
> package, it
> is particularly to re-create a build for 12.04 using the PPA build
> service.
> But, and here is the big but, you probably do not need to because
> Michael's
> c2d4u (and/or rrutter) will almost surely have r-cran-rcppeigen as
> lme4
> depends upon it.  So on your virtual machine, just point to the CRAN
> repo
> and or Michael's PPA(s) and use the binary.
>
> The code for all this is in the r-travis repo:
>
> https://github.com/craigcitro/r-travis/blob/master/scripts/travis-tool.sh#L63-L68
>
> so you should be all set.  Report back if you issues or questions.
>
> And last but not least, the obvious advice:  get a real computer with
> proper memory allocation and a recent OS versions ;-)
>
> Hope this helps,  Dirk

PD Dr. Felix Schönbrodt
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, Germany

Phone: +49 (0) 89 2180-5217
http://www.psy.lmu.de/allg2
http://www.nicebread.de
@nicebread303

`Please cite R packages you use, just as you would cite regular papers!
E.g.: citation('TripleR')`