[Rcpp-devel] RcppArmadillo and Rdefines

Charles Determan Jr deter088 at umn.edu
Tue Feb 24 22:06:56 CET 2015

Unfortunately I get the same errors with #include <RcppArmadillo.h> last as
well as #include "bigmemory/BigMatrix.h" next to last.  The latter results
in additional errors in BigMatrix.h with the expansion of INT.  Both
scenarios still have "length passed 4 arguments" errors.

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 2:51 PM, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> wrote:

> On 24 February 2015 at 14:41, Charles Determan Jr wrote:
> | Thank you for that clarification, I always seem to forget that Rcpp
> packages
> | have many libraries loaded by default.  I have trimmed the headers down
> to the
> | following to just
> |
> | #include <RcppArmadillo>
> |
> | However, some further background, I am working on extending the
> bigalgebra
> | package (hence the interest in RcppArmadillo) so their are some
> additional
> | headers that are now included in this problem.  The total headers now
> looks
> | like this:
> |
> | #include "bigmemory/BigMatrix.h"
> |
> | #include <RcppArmadillo.h>
> |
> | #ifdef REFBLAS
> | #include "refblas64longlong.h"
> | #define INT long long
> | #else
> | #include <R_ext/BLAS.h>
> | #include <R_ext/Lapack.h>
> | #define INT int
> | #endif
> |
> | Again, if I simply change RcppArmadillo to Rcpp it compiles without a
> problem
> | but with RcppArmadillo more of the 'length passed 4 arguments' and also
> 'const
> | string has no member name 'Rf_length' errors.
>
> Try reordering: Have #include <RcppArmadillo.h> last.
>
> And possibly #include "bigmemory/BigMatrix.h" next to last.
>
> Dirk

Dr. Charles Determan, PhD
Integrated Biosciences