[Rcpp-devel] Rcpp 'in development' release

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Apr 25 21:53:59 CEST 2015

We had a few pull request and other changes since Rcpp 0.11.5. And if you
happen to follow my blog, you may have seen recent posts about 'drat', 'ghrr'
and how to (very easily) set up repositories for  install.packages()  and
(more importantly, in my book)  update.packages()  [1] We also mentioned it
here for the RcppArmadillo 0.500.0.0 release and the test build preceding it.

So with that I just put Rcpp 0.11.5.4 -- which corresponds to the current
HEAD in master on GitHub -- up into the RcppCore drat repo.  So if you have
drat installed, a simple

     drat::addRepo("RcppCore")
     update.packages()

will get you this current development release of Rcpp (and other updates, of
course).

Now, as you all base R well enough, a simple manual setting of repos before
calling install.packages() will also work -- but the point of drat is that
you may as well set this in .Rprofile or Rprofile.site for repositories you
use frequently.  [2][3]

The line above will also work for Travis CI runs in case you want or need the
current Rcpp in your Travis builds

Dirk

[1] Because friends don't let friends use install_github()  ;-)

[2] This is proving to be really useful for us where I work as we can point
to CRAN, a public drat repository or two as well as local non-public drat.

[3] See my blog, webpages, or the drat CRAN page for more.  And bug me
off-list if intrigued but confused.

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org