[Rcpp-devel] [ANN] RcppArmadillo 0.5.000.0

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Apr 13 14:13:52 CEST 2015

Congrats to Conrad for releasing Armadillo 5.000.  Following a full test of a
pre-release, I prepared RcppArmadillo 0.5.000.0 which also passed all tests
against all 115 reverse depends (modulo two know, old issues).

But after a day of testing at CRAN it is stuck failing over two packages
which work fine at my end (not that it matters: but these are dfcomb, dfmta
both of which simply depend on the Boost headers package BH as well as RcppProgess).

So to not deprive anybody of the package I just placed it into drat archive
on GitHub that is part of the RcppCore org.  So if you have drat install do

   drat::addRepo("RcppCore")
   update.packages()                     # update all your packages

or

   drat::addRepo("RcppCore")
   install.packages("RcppArmadillo")     # install just most recent RcppArmadillo

I presume we will get RcppArmadillo onto CRAN at some point but I don't know when.

Cheers, Dirk

PS More on drat at my blog, the drat package page at CRAN or my drat pages.

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org