[Rcpp-devel] problems while upgrading to Rcpp 0.11.2

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Sep 4 14:37:19 CEST 2014

On 4 September 2014 at 12:13, Pratibha Rana wrote:
| For me the -O2 flag did the trick. I verified it multiple times. Just remove
| the -O2 and the code segfaults while initializing RInside, add the -O2 flag and
| everybody is happy. It is weird.

Makes no sense, apart from maybe revealing a race condition somewhere which ...

| I cannot reproduce it independently of RInside because the segfault occurs when
| RInside is being initialized as told by the backtrace of the core. Also I can't
| reproduce if I don't use a DataFrame. rinside_sample0 works just fine, but if I

... could be because you should not have an empty DataFrame there anyway.

A DataFrame is just a list of vectors of different types and has little sense
in an by itself. We almost always create them via the DateFrame::create()
mechanism anyway.

| add a dataframe then the same segfault pops back.

Don't get carried away over the DataFrame issue.

On the margin, I think that is misuse on your end.

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org