[Rcpp-devel] Updating R and RInside

David Ibarra Gómez dibarra at aqualogy.net
Tue Oct 14 13:29:25 CEST 2014

Hello,

                I usually build C++ executables on debian 7 (x64) that calls R using RInside. It just so happens that everything it's working with R 2.15 and RInside 0.29. But I wanted some new features of some packages, but It's seem mandatory to upgrade R > 3.0.

Originally I installed R (2.15) and RInside from sources with some special configuration options (i.e. ./configure --with-x=no LIBnn=lib --enable-R-shlib).

The question is: To upgrade R and R Inside should I follow the analogous way (install from source with special options)... or it's possible and recommendable to use apt-get with some "dev" flag.

Regards

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CFE7B2.4F4AF0A0]

David Ibarra Gómez
Jefe de Proyectos